If all goes well, if nobody interferes, if the weather holds, it looks like maybe, just maybe, the boat swap will happen next Saturday. The couple have acquired a trailer and are getting it ready, we still have a few minor issues to iron out, but it’s looking reasonably good that this elusive deal will finally occur.
Many lives were lost to make this happen. Treaties broken, lands pillaged, hearts broken, and it could still all fall apart but we are holding our breath down here in hopes that the Spirit and the Seacraft will find a new home by the end of next weekend. I’m anxious, they are anxious, even the cats are anxious. But I am feeling reasonably confident we can do this.
It’s gonna be a long week.