It finally happened. No, I didn’t sell the boat. I had to leave the slip I have been in for almost a year now. I had no choice. I was renting by the week and they had someone else who wanted the slip, so off I went, subject to the winds, the currents, the tides, and fate. Lost at sea, forever drifting in an endless sea with no hope of land….just kidding. I just moved two slips over from where I was.
The marina did have someone wanting the end of the dock where I was and with the help of a friend I was able to finagle another week at an inside slip whilst I await a buying decision from a prospective couple. (It sounds promising).
This slip, as I said is not out on the end so I won’t be bouncing around so much, and with boats tied up all around me the winds won’t be as bad. It will do for the moment and if by chance things turned to the upside, I can stay. In fact the marina prefers I stay. But we will see. I talked to a couple who actually did drive down from the mainland to look at the boat and they seemed to like it a lot. They have also remained in touch which is a good thing. We do not have an official accord but if this happens it will happen by next Monday.
Moving the boat was not a big deal, however, the motor failed me. I couldn’t keep it running long enough to push the boat around the corner into the other slip so with the help of some neighbors we simply pulled it around. I think I know what the issue is with the engine but I will wait and see what happens next week before doing anything.
So the waiting continues.
What? You were expecting the voyage of the Kon Tiki?